PTFE is having Very Unique Characteristics which makes it A Very Very Special Polymer among all the
Thermoplastics and Thermosetting Polymers.
PTFE has got following Very Unique Characteristics :
- Chemical Inertness to All Known Organic & Inorganic Chemicals
- Resistant to Solvents. Insoluble in all Solvents Upto 260 deg. C.Temp.
- Wide Operating Temperature Range – 270 to + 260 Deg. C.
- Non Toxic.
- Non Flammable.
- Lowest Coefficient of Friction among all Known Metals & Non Metals.
- Self Lubricating.
- Negligible Water Absorption.
- Resistance to Radiation.
- Excellent Weathering Resistance.
- Non – Stick.
- Non – Wetting.
- Outstanding Electrical Properties Over a Wide frequency Range.
- Excellent Sealing.
Each of these Characteristics is Used for any one Particular Application.